Friday 20 May 2016

Being a Mother!!!

That was the day when my world changed upside down.. Yes.. I was pregnant.. After all this time, when I was about to restart my life with some loose ends left behind, a brand new life was waiting for me! Then the 9 months were a journey much anticipated and amusing.. Each day started with a soft feeling that there is a life growing inside me. Though the feeling was not yet there.. Still every blood test, every sonography made me cross my fingers. I never knew I had these instincts in me. To my surprise, I badly wanted it to happen..
Being in a long distance relationship everytime I saw couples at the doctor's or at sonologist's place it left a hole in my heart. I used to feel that may be my husband is missing this precious connection with our little one.. He could not see the pleasure and anxiety on my face when prego test was positive.. He could not see that little blip in my tummy who would bear his name. He was not there when the blip moved for the first time. I used to get so depressed sometimes thinking that I am alone in all this. But then he would surprise me with some unexpected sweet gestures. He would let me know his presence.
And it was time.. The father arrived just in time to welcome our little one in this world. Doctor announced need of caesarean. I was a bit disappointed but of course it never mattered that much. I was all braced to endure all the pain to bring my baby in this world. I was in the OT, covered in all green, completely at doctor's mercy. So many needles were injected inside me. Catheter, BP monitors and what not.. Soothing voice of the doctor and seeing my hubby inside the OT was my relief points.. I concentrated hard on not to think about operation at all.. And within next 5-8 minutes it was there.. No not it "she" was there. My baby.. My princess.. All the 9 months, all the anxiety, all the pain was worth it. She is here.. All healthy n fine.
And at that moment a mother was born. She gave birth to a mother.!!

- Swati 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment