Friday 20 May 2016

Like Everyone Else But You!!

Ohh yeah.. Now as I sit calmly and look at my baby, there come stormin all those "expertise" remarks people around me made. It first started with the doctor herself.. As she took her out she said, "Oh it's a baby girl.." and when I was swimming in waves of utmost happiness here she comes with, "She has her father's nose" and then it all started.

To be frank, according to few early visitors, my baby has no feature from her mother or maternal side.. "She is a complete Kulkarni" this comment made me go "Awww, that's so sweet.." but in my mind I was saying, "Wait for few months buddy, all her maternal traits will definitely come out, I will make sure of that"  😂

My mom in law said, "Her hands n Feet are just like You" ohh so I get hands and feet.. Haha.. Score one.. But then comes my mom, my own mother saying "No no her fingers resembles his" and all I could react is, "You too Brutus!!" 😞
Someone said, "oh she has her Aunt's eyes", "by left angle she looks like her grandma", "her father was just like this when he was a baby" so on.. Seems no one remembers how I looked like when I was a baby.. One by one all the features, all her habits are taken away from me..!! 😃
Whatever she does resembles to someone in the family but me. Are I forgot, one thing I get, people think she is going to be super talkative just like her Mother.. 😃😃

But I have observed, whenever people meet a new mom in hospital or at home, there is always a competition going on.. "Guess the baby looks like whom? " And as it is a compulsion everybody pours in there valuable remarks. "Her lips shape is like her father, but her ears are like u" OK so you go in my good books buddy as u gave me ears.. And again it's a win win situation. But I really find it amusing how can people tell the resemblance with such tiny features. Ohh they must be gifted with a special vision and here I am, even after 30 years I can't tell who do I look like; mom or dad.. 😞 therefore I am always confused when I visit a new mom and they ask, "Kiske jaisa hai??" And I am at total loss.. Dude how can I tell?? Tum dono ka bachcha hai kisike jaisa to hoga hi.. But no.. There is always a hidden responsibility.. If you are father's friend then his mother is looking expectantly at you so you say baby looks like him.. and if you are mommy's friend, well then you have hear how the baby has its father's face. 😉

All said and done.. I ask myself.. Do I really feel bad when they say my baby resembles her father, grandma or great great grandmother.. So the honest answer is "NO, it actually does not matter who does she look like.. All that matters is, she is here and she is mine forever!!" 😍😘

I really want my girl to be like her father.. She should have his compassion, dedication and of course discipline (I am nowhere in competition for that), Understanding and forgiving nature of her grandmas, Devotion and honesty like her grandfathers, culinary skills like her aunts and for me... It is enough that She is all mine!! She is going to call mi Aai of all people and that's enough!! 😃

- Swati 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment