Friday 20 May 2016

Happy Mother's Day to Me!!

Well till last year Mother's day for me was wishing my mom & mom in law on phone.. Reading posts and messages on FB, WA stating how Mothers are great.. Occasional hugs, saying I love u to my Aai.. But never did I realise what it really meant to be a mother.. Well till my baby girl arrived!!
Since today morning I m being wished "Happy Mother's Day" on every possible platform.. "Hey it's ur first Mother's day" "What did Gargi planned for mommy" (Well sleeping for stretch 4-5 hours would be a welcomed gift 😋)
But still all this is so new.. Being a mom.. Being subject of all those messages & posts which I used to read on FB and everywhere.. Tallying all those qualities with myself!! This surge is exciting.. Now whenever I read any mom-daughter quote my eyes are all teary.. I look at my baby n want to kiss her, cuddle her and hold her tight to me.. (but can't as there is a hidden fear that she might wake up.. 😉)
But now I have come to know practically what it takes to be a mother.. Sleepless nights (as for me Days too), dark circles, messy hair, aching back, craving hunger, bed covered with wipes, diapers, toys and what not!! But you know what NOTHING matters!! What matters the most is the precious bundle sleeping calmly between all this mess.. Who will give the best smile in the world when she is awake.. And that.. there goes the Best Mother's Day present ever!! 😃😇
That smile holds so many things.. It's like she knows me.. She trusts me.. She knows that I will be always there for her no matter what comes our way!! Wait.. this is what I feel about my mother!! This feeling is so mutual and universal.. She makes me complete.. She makes me A mother.. But above all she connects me with my Aai on a level only a Mother can understand.. I love her for this!!

Wishing all Moms a Very Happy Mother's Day.. You are precious.. You are World to someone!! Take care of yourselves!! As this is what I am going to tell my mother & mom in law!! 😇
Stay Happy Stay Blessed!!

- Swati 😃

No comments:

Post a Comment